Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Why are little boys so.. weird?

Lately, I've been contemplating Easter baskets. I have 3 neices, ages 6, 3, and almost 3. Joe has a neice, age 4, and a nephew, age 10. My best friend has 2 children, a girl, age 4 months, and a son, age 2.

Now, the girls.. they're easy. Little stuffed bunnies, and chocolate. Same thing with Mason (2-year-old.) Kaly, the baby, will be getting little stuffed animals, teething rings, etc.

But then.. we have Maverick. Maverick is the strangest child I've ever had the pleasure of almost being related to. He's a very intelligent kid. Very into science, and that's the main thing about him I don't understand. But specifically, he likes bugs. BUGS!

I've been having a hard time trying to come up with stuff to put in his Easter basket. I'm thinking gummy worms. Last summer, he had a toy called a "water worm". It was the strangest thing. It's basically a water gun, covered with fabric, with the ugliest little buggy face. It broke, so I might have to toss in a new one
water worm

But.. what else to give the kid who's a science fiend? I don't know anything about little boys, as
I've never really been around them before, and I was never one myself.

For Christmas, we got him a telescope and microscope, and he loved that. Joe plays with the
telescope more than Mav does, but he can use the microscope to look at, you guessed it, bugs.

Looks like the kids going to get a lot of gummy worms...

No comments: