Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

clover

Hope everyone's wearing green today! :)

Nothing too interesting in my little world to blog about today... I'm currently re-reading C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. I finished the second, and most famous book, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, last night... I'll have to make a quick trip to the library tomorrow to get the rest of them.

The last time I read these books, I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I didn't recognize the references to Christianity. Specifically, while reading last night, I saw the reference to the cross, when Aslan gave his life to the witch, in place of Edmund.

Since I'd only gotten the first two books, when I finished The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I started in on The Screwtape Letters. I didn't make it very far before I decided I needed to get some sleep. When I finish that book, I'll let everyone in on my thoughts.

2 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

The Chronicles of Narnia are among my favorite books of all time. I hope the upcoming movie will do justice to them, and not obscure the spiritual message!

AuDz said...

There's gonna be a movie?! COOL!

And, yay, I have a regular reader! :)