Friday, March 09, 2012

Soul Knitting or "Biblical Friendship"

I am a part of a very special group of women.   There are about 40 of us, give or take. We have no common thread.  We come from all walks of life, all areas of the country, and are a wide variety of ages.  We have all different interests, hobbies, perspectives on life.  We are mothers, daughters, wives, sisters, grandmothers, and friends.

I love these women.  They have my back. :)

Everyone adds their own unique experience and point-of-view to the group.  I'm not sure what I have to offer, but they accept me.  They love me.  They pray for me.

And today I'm going to shine the spotlight on a few of these women, as a reminder of how much they mean to me, and how wonderful they really are.


One of the personalities among us are a beautiful, blonde, 30-something, single midwife. She is an independent and strong woman. She is a fighter. She is still overcoming a very confusing, inhibiting childhood.  My dear friend has a heart that seeks after God.  She desires so much to do God's will, and has such a heart for people.  Her kindness and wisdom touch me every day.  I love you, my friend.

Next up?  A 40-something mother of 4.  She has a husband with disabilities, 3 grown children (one of whom struggles with mental illness), and a teenage son.  She has had to bury a child. Her family has financial difficulties.  She does not have an easy life, but she loves with her whole heart, unrestrained in any way.  She is the most loyal, loving person I know.  She is strong.  Her ability to pick up the pieces, super glue them back together, and keep on going is such an inspiration to me.  She will give you the shirt off her back, and then ask if you need the ones in her closet.  She amazes me.  I love you!

Now allow me to give you a glimpse of another dear friend.  This gorgeous 20-something is one of the most interesting people I know.  Another one who had a childhood that has/is definitely worthy of some overcoming, she never fails to surprise me and make me laugh.  She has no reason to trust, and yet she does.  She is a strong, independent woman.  She has no desire to marry or have children, and yet she's a wonderful caretaker, and loves her niece with all of her heart.  She's beautiful, smart, and funny.  I know you don't like to hear it, or say it, but I love you, my friend, and I am so proud of you.

Last, but certainly not least, is one of my favorite people.  She has amazing children.  She has a husband who, a few years ago, had a traumatic brain injury, and some days, is not the man she married.  And yet she stays.  And she loves.  She is loyal.  She is committed.  I know that some days, her heart aches, and yet she goes on.  She's a fighter.  And her husband and her family are her whole world.  She also has a love for animals unlike anyone I've ever known.  She's spunky, and I admire spunkiness above almost any other trait in a woman.  I love you!

Well, it's late and I must get to bed, but I will definitely be revisiting this topic in the days to come, so if you don't see yourself in this post, have no fear.. your day is coming.

No comments: