Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Okay, I lied...

We didn't make it to the movies on Sunday, but oh well.. life goes on. There's always next weekend.

I was thinking about my movie obsession. My best friend said Joe and I were movie fiends.. and I'm starting to think she's right. I've been thinking about some of my favorite movies, and decided to pass on my suggestions. :)

The newest addition to my list is The Notebook, which I just saw about 2 weeks ago. It features Gena Rowland, James Garner, Ryan Gosling, and Rachel McAdams. HUGE tearjerker, and it may be classified as a chick flick, but I've never really had a problem with that. I loved it, Joe hated it. Great story. 4 stars, 2 thumbs up, all that good stuff.

My all time favorite movie is 8 Seconds, starring Luke Perry, Stephen Baldwin, and Cynthia Geary. It's the true-life story of Lane Frost, national champion bullrider. Also a tearjerker, especially the end. I think this movie might be somewhat of an aquired taste, however.

Hm.. then there's Armageddon. Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, etc etc. It seems I have a taste for the movies that make me cry.

And last, but not least, The Green Mile. Tom Hanks, Michael Clarke Duncan. This is the story of the relationship of the head of the death row cellblock, and a very special prisoner. Also a tearjerker.

These are my recommended rentals for this weekend. If any of my readers have any suggestions to add, feel free to post them in my comments section.

Maybe tomorrow I'll do my favorite books. I'm headed to the library tomorrow, so I'll have lots of ideas. :)

No comments: