Thursday, March 10, 2005

Good movies, Better books

I'm a self-proclaimed bookworm, and a movie nut. I'm currently on a Nicholas Sparks kick, and in the last 2 days, I've read The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and I'm currently reading Message in a Bottle; All which are also really good movies. So I've been thinking of some of my favorite books through the years, that later went on to become movies.

There's such classics as the LOTR trilogy, and Little Women. Then there's the Harry Potter movies, The Westing Game, Where the Red Fern Grows. There's the Tom Clancy movies, such as Patriot Games, and The Hunt for Red October. There's The Cider House Rules, and many Stephen King movies, such as The Shining, The Green Mile, and Apt Pupil.

A lot of great kid's movies were originally books as well, such as James and the Giant Peach, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

The Horse Whisperer, Silence of the Lambs, Where the Heart is, Gone With the Wind, and many, many more.

logo

Was your favorite movie originally a book? Why not try to find out, and read it. Most likely, you'll like the book a lot better.

No comments: